Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Fill-In

Woohoo for Friday's... especially the Friday that my Hubster's birthday falls on! Happy birthday babe!!


1. Do you think civilians, in general, understand the meaning of Memorial Day?For the most part, I do believe that most civilians understand the true meaning of Memorial Day. I do also think that alot of people get sidetracked as they get excited about a holiday weekend of fun in the Sun. I think that most American's regardless of where they were raised are patriotic and remember our fallen military members as well as those still serving.

2. What are your plans for the Memorial Day Weekend?I am in North Carolina for Memorial Day weekend, spending time with my family since my Hubster is deployed. I will most likely end up spending most of my time finishing up my final exam's and a research paper! What fun!!

3. What skill/talent do you wish you had? submitted by The 3 Turners
What skill/talent do I wish I had... hmm. I wish I had my Papa's intuition and knowledge of the Stock Market. I look at the reports and they are gibberish to me, but he made a pretty penny off of the market.

4. Which came first: the chicken or the egg? submitted by I Married Into The Army
I say the Chicken... because God created all the animals and two by two they were loaded onto the Arc. I could go back and forth with this for hours though!

5. What is the best thing about your post (base)? The worst? submitted by Randomly, Robyn
This one is a little tricky for me. Where I am stationed in DC, there isn't really anything good about my base. We are in a crime ridden community where it is nothing if we get placed on lock down because there is a shooting right outside of the gate. Where my hubby is normally stationed when he is not deployed, well I have only been there twice. The worst part about it is that it is in Hawaii and I am in DC. The best... the amenities... a Commissary, PX, Class Six... we don't have any of that on the base that I am stationed. 


Extra:
For everyone who views this recipe, Taste of Home will donate 10 cents to the USO. This pays for a service member to call home free of charge. So go view and pass it along!

1 comment:

  1. I am a new follower from LBS tea party. I clicked on the receipe and can't wait to try it. My soon to be ex husband is retired Army...I'm sure going to miss those wonderful benefits! (Insurance!!)
    Happy memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete