Sunday, May 22, 2011

I have been bitten by the bug...

The BLOGGER bug that is!  Who knew that you could do so many cool things to personalize a blog! The internet has a plethora of resources available to assist you!  Whether you are looking for a cute background, a signature block, or cute little additives!  I was initially inspired to start a blog during this deployment by another amazing Army wife... Jane Adensam.  You can check her blog out here http://janeysfavoritethings.blogspot.com/ it is pretty amazing!

Today is May 21, 2011, the supposed day of the Rapture.  I have to admit I was a little scared or freaked out by it.  All who really know me though shouldn't be suprised by that because they all know I get scared easily... yes... yes... I am a little worrier!  I was able to talk to my dear husband both on Facebook and on the phone!  It's amazing that he is off fighting this war for a year, yet he is still able to calm my fears from so far away!  I do love that man!!  Believe it or not, I was actually worried about not being home at 6pm my time which was the time that they said the rapture was supposed to start.  Why do you ask?  Well because I was worried about not being with my puppy if the world really was ending!  Silly? I don't think so!  Either way I went off to the BBQ like I had planned to do before I got all unsettled by the hype of the end of the world.  I had a pretty good time! 

The bad news that I recieved today...  I got a call from my mom somewhere around 8pm with the sad news that my Nana, who is my great grandmother, passed away today around 5pm.  I figured I would be a little more upset than I was.  It was bittersweet because she had really deteriorated in the last few years and in the last few times that I had seen her.  She was a frail little old lady with the kindest heart!  I wasn't aware that she was in the hospital, I guess that's what happens when you are in the military stationed away from your family.  I miss her and love her very much, but I know she is loving it in Heaven, able to walk without being out of breath, and spending some much needed time catching up with my Grandma and Papa.  In ending this post, I will leave you with this poem.


"If tears could build a stairway,

And memories were a lane,

I would walk right up to Heaven

To bring you home again.

No farewell's were spoken,

No time for goodbye,

You were gone before I knew it,

And only God knows why.

My heart still aches in sadness,

And secret tears will flow,

What is meant to me to lose you,

No one will ever know."

-Author Unknown-

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog so far! So cute. It's funny, the soldiers say they are supported by us, but they find time to support us too from the other side of the world while in a war zone! Crazy!

    I was joking about the end of the world today, but I was a little freaked out too! lol I am such a worrywart!

    I'm sorry again about your grandma. I'm sending you virtual e-hugs.

    ReplyDelete