Monday, September 26, 2011

A Manic Monday With a Hint of Good News!!

Today was a rather busy day at work! I had to do my normal job as well as help out in another job that I am trained to do, but not billeted for at this unit, my rating as a Yeoman. On days like today when I am able to do Yeoman work it really does make me miss it... occasionally. I enjoyed being a Yeoman before I came to this unit where I am "out of rate" as they like to call it in the Coast Guard. I really enjoy my out of rate job too though. Makes me think of how much I will probably miss the Coast Guard once I am no longer active duty.

I also got a hint of good news today!! I can't spill... BUT it sounded AHHHMAZING!! We are coming up on the month of October which mean that the end of the year isn't very far away! It is terrible to wish your life away but I will be darned if I am not ready for my lovahboy to return home to me! By the end of the year he should be coming home for R&R which I am really excited for! Hopefully it will either be before my surgery happens, or well after so we can spend some time together rather than me being drugged up the whole time!

Exactly one week from tomorrow, I finally meet my surgeon! I am looking forward to this appointment hoping that I will get more of an idea of when to expect surgery so I can let lovahboy know as soon as possible. Let me just say... surgery was initially supposed to be at the end of July, beginning of August. Funny how the military works. Alot of hurry up and wait! I have my next orthodontic appointment closer to the end of October. This is a pretty big appointment too because my orthodontist will be meeting with my mother and I (yes, I called my mom to come to this appointment!) for me to finally decide on if they will be breaking both of my jaws or just the bottom. Yes this dual jaw surgery thing is new! I have been going through this process for well over a year and a half now and just this month I am told that both of my jaws need to be broken rather than just my bottom. Thats a pretty big decision! I want the surgery done right regardless so if it has to be done, then go ahead. I will be wired shut for 4 to 6 weeks anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter if it's both jaws or just the bottom.

Sorry this post was pretty much all over the place... I hope you all have a marvelous Monday, and you Tuesday is just as splended!

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with ya, it sounds awful, but if it was an option I would sleep straight through to R&R and then again to the end. I'm just ready for it to be over.

    Good luck with your surgeon! I know you've been going through this for a while, but you are still so incredibly brave. It would scare me so much!