Sunday, July 10, 2011

Another Full Week Down!

I went to bed pretty late last night, somewhere around 3am and woke up to a whiney puppy around 9am. I couldn't get back to sleep so I started my day of laundry. Laundry is probably my LEAST favorite chore! I don't mind putting the laundry in the washer or the dryer, it's the folding of the laundry that I loathe.. I try to be a good housewife but I royally fail at it when it's just me!

I began feeling pretty lazy around 5pm, when I started thinking about somthing to eat. I didn't feel like cooking but I also didn't feel like leaving my house. I finally convinced myself that I needed to cook so I could have somthing to take to work for lunch this week. It saves me money and it's healthier! So I cut up three chicken breasts and added my favorite spice, Roasted Garlic & Herb with a little olive oil and threw it on the baby foreman grill!

I also cooked two filets of tilapia with lemon pepper seasoning. I am really bad about cooking for one person. Our last deployment, I would skip dinner usually and just go to bed because I didn't feel like cooking for just me. This deployment though, I have found that if I cook on Sunday enough for dinner and lunch, normally all I have to fix during the week is a side such as spinach or rice and therefore I am not skipping meals because we all know that is not good for you!

On another note, yesterday I found some of the cutest little solar lights at Wal-Mart when I went to get the right size bobbins for my sewing machine. What's even greater about these super cute solar lights is that they were on SALE! Who loves a good sale? THIS GIRL!! Today I put the solar lights out on my front walkway and I must admit, I love them! Especially with a deployed husband!!



Nice and Patriotic!!

They work!!

So happy that today is Sunday, even though I am not ready to go back to work tomorrow, I am ready to have this deployment over with! This is just another week down! Have a wondeful Monday!!

2 comments:

  1. Weirdly enough I have seen those same lights at the walmart near me, and I live in Canada :P
    I LOVE outdoor lights and yet, they are one of the "nice" things I can't seem to have because my kids have habitually broken like 3 sets already. SO I just love other people's, from a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate laundry!! I have a huge pile of clean laundry on my bed that I just go through every morning when I need to get dressed. It doubles as something to cuddle with in my sleep. Ah, that is seriously pathetic. lol I hate folding laundry though. I also hate dishes, cleaning, mopping, sweeping, and dusting. I basically suck at being a housewife. But, I figure that is okay because at some point I'm just going to hire maids and it will all be okay. Because, I am really good at hiring people. lol

    ReplyDelete