Monday, August 22, 2011

No Place Like Home and Random Rambles

I had an absolutley amazing weekend at home in North Carolina! I always love going home and being with my family. On Saturday I was able to hang out with one of my very best friend's Kim! We used to live in the same apartment complex in Alexandria, VA. Her hubby got transferred to KY so we hadn't seen each other in probably about a year. They just got transferred to NC which makes me sooo very happy! I go home to NC quite often and now I get to see her when I go home! I am so very thankful to be able to see her while the hubby is deployed, she is someone that I can tell anything to. I am very lucky to have her as my friend!

Hanging out with my mom and stepdad is always an amazing time too! I love my family!!

On Sunday, I woke up and let Leonidas outside. My parents were out back in the barn so I started walking out there, still a little groggy, I had maybe been up for 7 minutes. Leonidas and my moms dog Tipper are both probably around 50lbs each. They started running back up towards me and the house, this is where my morning went south. I became the target point for an impromptu game of chicken between Leo and Tipper... let me just say, neither one of them were chicken! They both came running at me full force, one hitting each leg. I went flying, not sure exactly how or where I landed, but it was painful. My mom saw the whole thing and said my flipflops flew about 20 feet. I landed in the gravel somehow... I think I started to turn when I realized they were headed straight for me, luckily I think that is why I walked away instead of having two broken legs! I have a pretty gnarley bruise on my lower back/upper part of my butt cheek, I will save you the horror of pictures lol. I am pretty exhausted today and every bone in my body is sore!

On another note, when I make the 4 hour drive home to NC or back to VA, I love to listen to audio books on my Ipod. I download from http://www.audible.com/! On the way to NC on Friday I finished "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein. What a great book! It's told in the point of view of the family dog Enzo! I definitley recommend it! Especially if you are a dog lover! On the way back to VA last night I started listening to "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I have heard all good reviews of the book and movie, so far it lives up to those reviews :).

Are you currently reading any good books?


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I'm glad you got away with some bruises instead of a broken leg!!

    I just finished my book actually and you reminded me that a trip to Barnes and Nobles is a must!

    ReplyDelete